Andhra Pradesh Open School Society (APOSS):
A.P. Open School Society was established as an autonomous society registered under the Andhra Pradesh Public Societies Act on 20th of February 1991. It is the first State Open School in the country.
The main objectives of APOSS, at the time of its inception, have been
- To provide pre-elementary Education through Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode to School drop-outs and those missing Upper Primary stage of education and to attain Universalization of Elementary Education (UEE) in the State.
- To provide continuing education for adult neo-literates, working men, and women to reinforce their functional literacy and not to allow them to relapse into illiteracy.
APOSS will provide opportunities for continuing education to those who have missed opportunities to complete school and development education; and to other children/persons desirous of pursuing school level education through open and distance learning (ODL) mode by offering courses and programmes of general education, life enrichment, and vocational education up to pre-degree level.
Eligibility for SSC (Secondary School Education):
- The student should complete 14 years
- The student should have any one of following
- Birth Certificate Issued by Municipal Office
- Transfer Certificate (TC) (In Case, Discontinued in School Stage)
Eligibility for Intermediate (10+2):
- The student should Be Passed in SSC or its Equivalent / Intermediate Drop-Out
- To Complete Intermediate in One Year, There should be one year gap after SSC (10th).
Note: The Certificated issued by the APOSS is equivalent to SSC/Intermediate at their levels and this can be valid for all Higher Educations as well as Government Jobs.