MSC Optometry Course Details 2020-2021
MSC Optometry Eligibility
- The basic eligibility criterion for pursuing M.Sc. (Optometry) degree is B.Sc. optometry/ M.B.B.S.
- Some reputed colleges and institutes conduct entrance examination for admission.
- Starting fees from 30000/- (its depend on College & University)
MSC Optometry Syllabus
The below mentioned MSC Optometry Course syllabus is provided by the SIUM.
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|1||Advanced contact lens studies-I|
|2||Low vision & Rehabilitation|
|4||Occupational Optometry & Public health Optometry|
|5||Research Methodology & Biostatistics|
|1||Advanced contact lens Studies-II|
|2||Ocular diseases & Therapeutics|
MSc. Optometry Course Details
- The course is suitable for those Candidates who are interested in deals with the examination, diagnosis, treatment, and management of diseases and disorders of the visual system.
- They should have the ability to understand and apply scientific principles and methods with a high degree of accuracy.
- They also possess good organizational and administrative skills.
- They also have the ability to keep up to date with scientific and technological developments, attention to detail, and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
After MSc optometry?
- M.Sc. Optometry also helps to solve the problem of vision is common among people of all ages in India. Advancement in scientific technology and diagnostic methods has made the profession of optometry one of the best career options.
- The Degree serves as a basis for further higher studies in this field such as Ph.D. and M.Phil. for research studies.
- Professionals on successful completion of the course can seek employment in the health care sector as surgeons, doctors, nurses, and therapists, and so on.
- Those who wish to work in the teaching field can also look forward to a career in the same.
- Those who have the potential can even start hospitals and give employment to many. There is a wide scope for Optometry in India and in foreign countries.
- They can start his or her own eye clinic, Optical shop, lens manufacturing unit, etc.
MSc Optometry Job Opportunities
- Specialized Eye Hospitals
- Own Chamber
- Dispensing Units
- Sports Vision Clinic
- Schools & Colleges/Universities
- Optical Manufacturing Laboratories/Industries
- Contact Lens Manufacturing Companies
- Behavioral Vision Care Clinic
MSc. Optometry Job Types
- Optometry Technician
- Lab Technician & Medical Technician
- Sales Executive
- Administration/Facilities Executive
- Professional Affairs Manager
- Clinical Optometrist
- Medical Representative
Salary after completing MSc Optometry Course (m.sc optometry salary in India)
- Salary approximately starting from 15000/-
After Passing MSc Optometry qualification you can become: Optometrist
MSc Optometry Distance Education in India
- As per the direction of UGC & DEB, there is no college or university approved to conduct an M.Sc Optometry course under distance education mode.
Optometry Course Fees
- The Master of Science in Optometry, M.Sc -Optometry / MSC Optometry course fees starting from 45000 Per Annum.
Important Related Post
|1.||Bachelor of Science in Optometry (B.Sc Optometry / B.Optom) Course Details|
|2.||What is Optometrist? Ophthalmologist.|
- Contact Telangana Open School | 8801045488
- How To Download Telangana Open School Hall Tickets SSC & Inter?
- How to Download PGRRCDE Hall Tickets Online 2022
- Telangana Open School SSC & Open Inter Admission 2022-2023
- Telangana Open School Latest News |SSC & Open Inter |Admission |Exams | Fees | Edit Option
for more details of Optometry Courses, you can comment below-provided box